Volunteers are an integral part of Prodigal Ministries. God has called all of us to share the grace and love we have received from Him with those who are in desperate need of His grace and love. Matthew 25:34-36 is very clear . . . ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ Jesus went on to say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me.”
Your life will be richly blessed when you become a part of God’s plan of redemption and restoration. Consider serving as a volunteer with Prodigal Ministries.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Provide meals on a one-time or regular basis, staying and sharing them or just dropping off meals is always welcomed and appreciated.
- Sharing fun activities like taking a few of our clients out for a movie, some conversation and a bite to eat or cup of coffee.
- Driving clients to Church, Bible Studies, counseling sessions, appointments, worksite, school, 12 Step Groups and other important destinations.
- Helping out during the Holidays by making it possible for our clients to be with their families or to prepare gifts for their loved ones.
- Lead or be a member in meetings at one of the three houses for Bible Study, or a 12 Step Program.
- Helping with one of several fundraisers.
- Helping with building projects, yard repairs and maintenance.
- Organizing yard sales to raise money
- Helping gather donations for the houses and for furnishing the homes of our clients when they leave to go out on their own.
To inquire about current volunteer opportunities, please contact Pat Blandford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, call our Director of Programs and Volunteers at 502-222-2389 for more information.